This is the Traxxas 2.5R Racing Engine with IPS (Integrated Pilot Shaft) and Pull-Start. It is for use in all Traxxas vehicles that use the TRX 2.5 engine.
This engine is a .15 engine. The 2.5 refers to a measurement of Cubic Centimeter displacement compared to Cubic Inch displacement (.15). It has 60% more power that the TRX Pro .15 engine! It is loaded with advanced features such and the free-flowing rear exhaust, the unique composite slide carb, and innovative porting only found on the most exotic racing engines.
- Slide carburetor provides less restrictive, straight through airflow for more power and better throttle response.
- PowerTune head is machined from aluminum which promotes even heat distribution for stable engine temperatures and rock-solid tuning
- New sleeve for improved engine efficiency and better power.
- Molded head protector prevents damage to the head and secures the glow plug wire.
- Ultra-low restriction air filter provides superior air flow and filtration for more power and a long engine life.
- Offset wrist pin further reduces piston slide loading for more even cylinder wear and longer engine life.
- One 2.5 (0.15cu in) Engine with Pull Starter w/flywheel nut
- One 90 degree air filter (includes base for upright mounting)
- One 22 chapter Engine Set-up DVD
- One Owners manual/instruction booklet
- One bottle of air filter oil
- One Decal sheet
- One pre-installed glow plug
- Muffler (exhaust system) depending on vehicle
- Starting equipment
- Nitro fuel
- Displacement: 0.15 cu in (2.49cc)
- Crankshaft Thread: 5mm (.197")
- On-Center Mounting Holes, Front to Rear: 11mm (.433")
- On-Center Mounting Holes, Side to Side: 31.4mm (1.24")
- Back of engine(recoil)to front of drive washer: 73.2mm (2.88")
- Height: 97.3mm (3.83")
- Exhaust Port Diameter: inner - 9.9mm (.392"), outer - 13.0mm (.512")